Thursday, September 11, 2008

Delicatessen - Restaurant Review

I have walked by 54 Prince Street several times while this exciting new eatery was under construction and have been excited to try it out since it opened. Last night, I finally made my way to Soho to experience Delicatessen. I usually stay away from eating late at night but I could not help myself. The place was packed & had a 30-minute wait to be seated in the main level room but the hostess told me there were two additional rooms downstairs.
One room downstairs was a glass-enclosed courtyard and the other had wall decorations of empty glass bottles, salt & pepper shakers and a bar centered along the back wall.

I intended to just stay downstairs for a drink & appetizers but loved the atmosphere so never wound up moving upstairs. I kept thinking to myself about how amazing it’d be to host events in this location- private parties, corporate events, birthdays, anything & everything.

I ordered the Halibut Tacos; they were in a crispy shell with spicy sauce and were great. My boyfriend has cheeseburger spring rolls. The idea was so unique that I grew to love the place even more. However, I have to say the most delicious part of the night was dessert- my boyfriend ordered Ovaltine Pudding Parfait since the waitress recommended it & I opted for the Smores. I really was skeptical about the pudding parfait but that turned out to be a good choice, but mine was outstanding. I barely finished half of it because I was full but I will definitely go back for more & recommend you to head to Soho to experience it for yourself.

The owners of Delicatessen are the same owners as Cafeteria, which is in Chelsea. The waitress also let me in on a secret- they are opening a Mac & Cheese bar with 10-20 different types of Mac & Cheese. Wow! I was speechless.

Check it out for yourself while the weather is still nice & they have the main seating area, which has floor to ceiling glass windows, completely open.
Penta will definitely keep this new hotspot in mind when planning holiday parties & events.

http://www.delicatessennyc.com/