Monday, December 8, 2008

Gift Ideas For Those Hard To Buy For:

Ever have a friend or family member that is difficult to shop for? Penta wants to help find the perfect gift for anyone on your shopping list.

This being my first year in the ‘real world,’ out of college and in a job, I cannot wait to spend my hard earned money on my friends and family this holiday season. But, of course, there is always that one person I can never figure out what the perfect gift for them would be. I have found that a little creativity can go a long way. Through my past experiences I have created a list of great gift ideas that may help as you shop for the Holidays.

Personalized Apparel---My eighteen year old brother never knows what he wants for the holidays, unless it’s the latest and greatest expensive piece of technology. I know he loves hats and llamas. (Don’t ask!) Adding a personal touch to an everyday item is a classic way to spice up a gift. Online sites are available to personalize and item of clothing with a funny quote or photo that relates to the person you are looking to purchase a gift for. I purchased a hat with a picture of a llama on the front and it was my brother’s favorite gift of the year.

Personalized Stationary---Online sites are also available to personalize stationary. The day after Christmas, my brothers and I could not play with our new gifts until our thank you cards were completed. Decorative or monogrammed thank you notes, blank cards or stationary are a great way to provide a useful and personal gift.

Gift Basket---Sometimes the key to a great gift is a collection of a lot of small ones. After being invited to a Holiday party I put together a gift bag to show my appreciation for her hard work and planning. Prepare a gift basket with a bottle of wine, glasses, and a corkscrew or prepare a basket for the day after the event. This basket may include a good book, hot cocoa, and a calming CD to celebrate a morning after a busy night of hosting an event.

Date Night---Couples sometimes forget to take time out of their busy schedules and treat themselves to a date night. When researching a present for my boyfriend’s parents, I found out their favorite restaurant and a movie theatre in the same vicinity. I bought gift cards for dinner and movie.

Gifts don’t have to be expensive; they are more special when a wealth of creativity is used to find the perfect gift for that ‘hard to buy for’ friend or family member.

Happy Holidays!

---Emily Ohnstad